Student Veteran Resources
Student Veterans Organization
The Student Veterans Organization (SVO) at New York Institute of Technology serves as a one-stop-shop for student veterans, addressing their specific academic and co-curricular needs. Run by fellow veterans, the SVO operates out of the Community Service Center and is the central organization for student veteran services and support.
The New York Tech SVO seeks to:
- Ease veteran transition from military to campus life.
- Provide support to student veterans to ensure their ongoing academic success leading to degree completion.
- Assist student veterans in achieving their career goals.
- Direct student veterans to existing New York Tech and community resources and create new services as needed to further support our student veterans.
The SVO is dedicated to:
- Identifying and improving institutional support to student veterans and the processes by which they are recruited, served, and accommodated.
- Providing peer-to-peer veteran support to help veterans achieve academic, professional, and personal success.
- Building community connections to expand the network of veteran services and to engage student veterans in community service.
- New York City Campus: 26 W. 61st St., room 021
- Long Island Campus: Student Activity Center, room 105
The lounges are accessible with a student veteran's ID.
Additional VA and Governmental Resources
- The American Legion Department of New York
- The American Legion Department of New Jersey
- Basic Allowance for Housing Calculator
- Disabled American Veterans
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- National Call to Service Program
- New Jersey Veterans Affairs
- New York State Veterans Affairs
- New York State Veteran Tuition Awards
- NYC Department of Veteran's Services
- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Reimbursement for admissions and proficiency exams, including SAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, TOEFL, CLEP, and more
- Reserve Education Assistance
- Sentinels of Freedom Scholarship Program
- Student Handouts, Brochures, and Regulations Pamphlets and Factsheets
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Tutorial Assistance
- VA Work Study Application
- VA Work Study Program
- Veterans Administration
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program
- VFW Department of New Jersey
- VFW Department of New York
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Frank Rivera, Director of Military and Veteran Affairs
16 W. 61st St., Room: 001
Nancy Borchers, Veteran Certifying Official
Office of the Registrar
Harry Schure Hall, Room 142-A