The safety and security of the people and property of New York Tech are the highest priority of the university and of the Office of Campus Security. At our Long Island campus, we provide security services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, while we have security personnel onsite at our New York City campus when buildings are open. All of our security guards are trained in emergency response procedures and can also help support the reporting of threatening, irrational or criminal behaviors on campus.
In an emergency, call 911 first
Then call Campus Security at:
- Long Island: 516.686.7789
- New York City: 646.273.7789
- NYITCOM @ Arkansas State (A-State Campus Police): 870.972.2093
- Vancouver Downtown Administrative Office: 604.639.0942
- Vancouver Broadway Tech Centre Administrative Office: 778.783.5900
You can call from your mobile phone or any campus phone, or from any of the emergency "blue light" phones located throughout campus.
- ID Cards
- Parking Permits (Long Island campus only)
- Campus Alone: security escort during evening/weekend hours
- Lost and Found
- Vehicle Assistance: jump starts, lock-outs, etc.
Policies and Information
- Campus Alerts: Communication of campus closures and emergencies
- Campus Precautions
- Parking and Vehicle Policies (Long Island campus only)
- Emergency Procedures: Campus response procedures
- Crime Statistics and Reporting
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
COVID-19 Policies and Information
- Campus Access Policy
- Campus Reopening Information
- Employee Information & Resources
- Faculty Information & Resources
- Student Information & Resources
- Vaccination Information & Policy
Campus Alone Program
Campus Alone is a program provided by the Office of Campus Security and is available to all members of the campus community who work or study during the inactive non-business hours of evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
Individuals should call the Office of Campus Security at 516.686.7789 if concerned for their personal safety while working/studying alone. When calling, please provide:
- Your name, location, and phone number in the building if you are working in an office.
- An estimated time of departure. (If this changes, you must advise us.)
- Your mode of travel and, if applicable, a vehicle description and location where you've parked your vehicle.
- Whether you desire a walking escort to your parked vehicle or other location. Before you leave, you must call campus security again to confirm that you are well and that you are departing. Campus security may check in on you at your location, particularly if they have not received your confirmation that you have departed.
Before you leave, you must call campus security again to confirm that you are well and that you are departing. Campus security may check in on you at your location, particularly if they have not received your confirmation that you have departed.
Walking Escort Service
The Office of Campus Security also provides an escort service, which offers a walking escort to and from campus buildings and parking fields. This service is available to the entire college community.
If a crime does occur on campus, call 911 immediately. If calling from an on-campus phone, NYIT Security will automatically be notified. Any delay in reporting an incident decreases the chances of apprehending the suspect. NYIT Security maintains a close working relationship with local police precincts and will assist you in every way possible if you become the victim of a crime.
Spiros Dandouras, Associate Director
Simonson House, Room 105