Emergency & Security Info
In an emergency, call 911 first. (U.S. Campuses)
Then call Campus Security at:
- Long Island: 516.686.7789
- New York City: 646.273.7789
- Central Islip: 631.348.7789
You can call from your mobile phone or any campus phone, or from any of the emergency "blue light" phones located throughout campus.
Emergency Alert System
New York Institute of Technology uses an emergency alert system to keep you informed of campus closures, emergencies, or anything needing your immediate attention via:
- text messages
- emails to your @NYIT.edu account
- phone calls
The Office of Campus Security is responsible for the safety and security of students, staff and faculty members, and property. At our Long Island campus, we provide service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We have security personnel onsite at our New York City campus when our buildings are open. All of our security guards are trained in emergency response procedures (fire, bomb threat, and medical emergencies).
- Ensure your safety during work/study as well as non-business hours.
- Can provide escort during evening and weekend hours.
- Maintain a lost and found.
- Issue ID cards for students on Long Island and New York City campuses. Employees at the New York campuses should contact your campus security office.
- View instructions to upload your own photo while working off-campus.
- Issue parking permits for the Long Island campus.
- Are available to assist you with vehicles, including jump starts and lock-outs.
- Keep track of crime statistics and reporting.
- Can assist you in dealing with threatening, irrational, or criminal behavior by a student or students.
John Espina, Security Director
Simonson House, Room 101