What You’ll Learn
New York Tech’s 12-credit asynchronous online advanced certificate program in clinical nutrition provides healthcare professionals with critical nutrition training to make a greater impact on patient care. While nutrition is already within the scope of practice for these professionals, this program provides the specialized knowledge necessary to effectively treat and prevent many chronic illnesses including cardiovascular disease, obesity, and Type 2 diabetes.
Physicians, physician assistants, and nurses who complete the advanced certificate program will be able to:
- Describe nutrient characteristics, food sources, bioavailability and utilization of nutrients within the body.
- Evaluate pathophysiology, risk factors and clinical manifestation of diseases related to nutrition.
- Formulate responses to common diet-related questions that practitioners are often asked by patients.
- Utilize evidence-based nutrition information to their clinical practice.
- Apply their credits to the M.S. in Clinical Nutrition at New York Tech if they wish to pursue that degree.
A Program For…
- Medical Students
- Practicing Physicians
- Physician Assistants