New York Tech Returns
Welcome back to New York Tech. As always, the safety and well-being of our students and university community remain our chief concerns. In all of our plans, we will remain flexible and respond accordingly to updated recommendations at the federal, state, and local levels.
To access the Long Island and New York City campuses, all students, faculty, and staff must:
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have uploaded their proof of vaccination here.
- Follow all campus access protocols.
- NOTE: As of May 4, health screens are no longer required to access campus.
The summer semester begins on May 23. Courses are being offered in person as well as online, blended, and hybrid remote. Please check your class schedule for the instruction mode of each class.
The location of the course (building/room #) will tell you if the class is being taught in person or virtually. Classes being taught virtually have a building/room location of “Zoom.”
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Self-Care/Personal Safety Practices
For the safety of all, students, faculty, and staff are required to abide by personal safety practices known to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
All faculty, staff, and students at our New York campuses must be fully vaccinated. According to the CDC, this means two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Everyone is also strongly encouraged to get a booster shot when you are eligible. Vaccine exemptions approved in the fall will carry over to the spring.VACCINATION INFORMATION
Cleaning and Disinfection
New York Tech’s LEAD plan supports all required health protocols for building layouts, equipment, scheduling, and disinfection strategies. We continue to use this plan to keep our campuses safe, clean, and ready for everyone to enjoy.FIND OUT MORE
Feeling Sick or Exposed to COVID-19?
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home or, if on campus, return home.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 or have direct exposure to someone who is positive, you must notify New York Tech.
- If you test positive:
- And are symptomatic: You may return to campus after at least five days of isolation from the onset of symptoms.
- And remain asymptomatic: You may return to campus after five days of isolation from the date of your first positive test OR with a doctor’s note giving permission to return to work or class.
- The daily Health Screen has been updated to reflect the CDC’s 5-day quarantine for those who’ve contracted or been exposed to COVID.